Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: 64GB USB flash drive not working in Windows 8.1

64GB USB flash drive not working in Windows 8.1

My new 64GB usb drive is not detected on Windows 8.1 system. The drive is in NTFS format. I had used a 16GB before that worked really well. But there is a bit issue with 64GB one. I had also tried to format the same but it fails. I want a bit help on the same.

When I connect the drive is detected sometime, but then it suddenly disappear. The same drive is working well on my a friend pc who is using Ubuntu. The drive folder appear on the desktop after connecting. Please help.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: 64GB USB flash drive not working in Windows 8.1

There could be various reason behind the same. Sometime the drive remains undetected due to lack of appropriate drivers. You will have to find the same. You have to test the drive on different usb ports one by one. If you are having a desktop then instead of connecting it on the front side, connect the same directly on the back port. And see whether it works well or not. If it works then the issue is with the front ports. You can use a usb hub.

Re: 64GB USB flash drive not working in Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    When I connect the drive is detected sometime, but then it suddenly disappear. The same drive is working well on my a friend pc who is using Ubuntu. The drive folder appear on the desktop after connecting. Please help.
    I got this issue on a 32GB usb drive. After connecting the same there was no message on the screen. This shows that the drive is undetected. But the same worked really well on a friendly laptop.

The issue was with the usb header. It was not able to provide appropriate power to the usb due to which it does not start up. You can try a few things. Like updating the usb drivers. Go on the official site of usb manufacturer and get drivers for windows 8.1.