Thread: How can I completely delete my WeChat account

How can I completely delete my WeChat account

What are the options available through which I can completely delete WeChat account? I had also connected my Facebook account on the same and now I want to stop using it. My mobile s freezing a lot. I cannot use WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat altogether.

So I had decided to use Whatsapp and Viber only because in this I have maximum friends. I am not having much friends in WeChat. I tried to check in the settings but unable to find any options to delete account.

Re: How can I completely delete my WeChat account

You can remove it if you want and when you need it back you just have to install the app and verify.

I do not think there is a option through which you can permanently delete the same. I am also trying to find the same. Because through that you can wipe out your chat history and completely clean delete all details. But this thing is not available.

Just remove the app and that will do the job. Your account will be disabled once you remove it.

Re: How can I completely delete my WeChat account

Quote Originally Posted by Voda View Post
    What are the options available through which I can completely delete WeChat account? I had also connected my Facebook account on the same and now I want to stop using it. My mobile s freezing a lot. I cannot use WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat altogether.

So I had decided to use Whatsapp and Viber only because in this I have maximum friends. I am not having much friends in WeChat. I tried to check in the settings but unable to find any options to delete account.
    It is possible to delete your account permanently on WeChat. But for that you have to first remove it. And when you are done with that you have to send a email to support@wechat.com. CC the copy to feedback@wechat.com.

Add subject account removal request. That's it. And one more thing before removing go in settings in WeChat and unlike the facebook account. Then login to your facebook account and go in the app section. Remove WeChat from there also.