Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: No iOS 8 update for iPhone 4?

No iOS 8 update for iPhone 4?

Is it true that iPhone 4 is not going to get a iOS 8 update. I got this information on a forum, but I want to clarify this. Is it true or a rumor. It is really sad to find that iPhone 4 will be missing the new iOS 8 update. How can apple do this.

The phone is able to run all old updates and now Apple is just kicking the phone out from the iOS 8 list. I had seen online that this new update is one of the biggest. And will bring out many new things.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: No iOS 8 update for iPhone 4?

It is correct. iPhone 4 is not going to get any new iOS update. It is really very sad. There were many users who was waiting for the upgrade but now it is announced in the news. That iPhone 4 will not be able to work with the new update due to its process.

Reason for this announcement is because with iOS 8 update iphone 4 can crash or it can stop working properly. Apple is not going to release the update separately for older iPhone. It is time to upgrade the device.

Re: No iOS 8 update for iPhone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by NishitM View Post
    Reason for this announcement is because with iOS 8 update iphone 4 can crash or it can stop working properly. Apple is not going to release the update separately for older iPhone. It is time to upgrade the device.
    This is not right. It looks Apple want people to buy its new iPhone 5. That is why they are not giving the updates on their older model.

However i saw few articles on web based on that. The article says that iPhone 4 hardware is not enough to run iOS 8. This new update brings out a bit heavy graphics and animations which will not work fine in iPhone 4. So that is the reason due to new UI the update is not going to come on iPhone 4.