Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Reset Knox in Samsung Galaxy S5?

How to Reset Knox in Samsung Galaxy S5?

Has anyone able to reset Knox? I am looking for a effective solution. I had tried out checkout various threads around the web but there is hardly any suggestion available. If we can reset the Knox then I think it is possible to unroot the phone. Once done the changes are done forever. I hope there will be some way to reset it. I do not want a complicated process here. Like overwriting the entire firmware back again.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: How to Reset Knox in Samsung Galaxy S5?

You can do that but for this you need the official firmware. Everything will be reset to 0 as it was before and no one can catch you that your phone is rooted. Knox is a secure platform my Samsung to prevent rooting stuff.

When you root or do any changes Knox counters are modified and you cannot take your phone to service center. As you are rooting it unofficially. But through official stock rom you can reset the counter back to original.

Re: How to Reset Knox in Samsung Galaxy S5?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Villiers View Post
    Has anyone able to reset Knox? I am looking for a effective solution. I had tried out checkout various threads around the web but there is hardly any suggestion available. If we can reset the Knox then I think it is possible to unroot the phone. Once done the changes are done forever. I hope there will be some way to reset it. I do not want a complicated process here. Like overwriting the entire firmware back again.
    There is a stock rom available on XDA which you can test and apply. It guarantee you can Knox reset. And your original settings will be restored as it was before. But it has not being tested yet. If you have rooted your phone then you can go on the thread and download those files. You can then flash your phone with that firmware and done. You will get the actual Knox counter back on it. This is just flashing the stock firmware back.