Thread: Can we install Firefox OS in any Android Phone

Can we install Firefox OS in any Android Phone

It is possible to install Firefox OS on any android mobiles. I want to use this and I had not see any custom rom for the same. There are many phone in the market that can be used with this OS. But I want to know if it is really safe to use ?

By saying safe i mean will this OS work good on other Android smartphones? As there is hardly any information available through which we can move this Os in a android device. I just do not want to kill my device.

Re: Can we install Firefox OS in any Android Phone

You can do that if there is a specific custom rom available. Like for example you are using HTC One then you need Firefox OS rom for HTC One. It is not possible to use the same on any device in the market. There can be problem with the OS. It can be incompatible. Android and Firefox OS are two different platform. Firefox OS is not based on android due to which porting means completely rebuilding the entire thing back again.

Re: Can we install Firefox OS in any Android Phone

It is something entirely new. And there are few devices only in the market which comes with this OS. You cannot just port the same in any phone. It has support for web apps. That means you cannot run apk on the same.

There are maximum chances of bricking your phone if you do not port this properly. It is good to sit back unless any custom rom is leaked in the market and you can use the same on your device. I do not think it is better than Android.