Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Is it safe to carry Galaxy S5 to Pool or Beach?

Is it safe to carry Galaxy S5 to Pool or Beach?

Can I carry Samsung Galaxy S5 to a swimming pool or a beach where the devices can come across water or dust ? I want to take some nice pictures and my friends are very naughty. They just mess with the device. Last time I was using Galaxy Grand and it felled from my hand on the sand. But nothing happen.

Now I have Samsung Galaxy S5 which is water and dust proof. Still I want to know is it safe to take out near water or on sand. I do not want to spoil my costly phone.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Is it safe to carry Galaxy S5 to Pool or Beach?

It is a waterproof phone. So you can take that. But take care from the dust. In Sony Xperia Z1 you get flaps over the ports. You can cover them which does not allow anything to enter inside the ports. While in Samsung Galaxy S5 there is a open micro usb port at the bottom. Sand can stuck in that and it is not easy to clean also. So you can take but use it with care. Do not take the phone in water.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Parker View Post
    Last time I was using Galaxy Grand and it felled from my hand on the sand. But nothing happen.
    I wonder why you are talking about Galaxy Grand here while this is about Water and Dust proof discussion. As far as i know neither Grand or Grand 2 is water proof device.

Quote Originally Posted by One8 View Post
    It is a waterproof phone. So you can take that. But take care from the dust.
    Galaxy S5 is not a Waterproof phone dude. It is water and dust resistant which means you can take it to water but cannot dip it in water. Same stands for the Dust as well. There is huge difference between Water Proof and Water resistance.

For extra precaution you can simply use a cover on the mobile phone. You can buy a good phone cover. Adding extra piece will be good here. There are ample of durable cover available on the market. You can buy this and then take the phone to the beach or near pool. Buy a case that comes with water protection. So you have extra protection. Even if there is a sand on the device it can be easily removed.