Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

How to install Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I am missing Aero Glass effect of Windows 7. I want to install this back again. This effect is quiet amazing. But in Windows 8.1 this affect is removed. Is there a way I can restore it back again. The system looks really dull when you drag the folders.

I am also trying to add a bit more graphical effects through a third party tool. I hope this will work well on my system. I am using a Core 2 Duo pc with 4GB ram.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

You can get that back but for this you have to install it manually. It is quiet easy. You have to download DWM symbols packs. just each on the web about the same and you will find it.

The next thing you have to do is create a symbols folder in the windows partition. You have to copy the content of \2014-05-13_Symbols\2014-05-13_W8-x-x_xXX\symbols to the folder you had just created.

Then just run the setup of Aero Glass v1-2-x. That's it.

Re: How to install Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive View Post
    You can get that back but for this you have to install it manually. It is quiet easy. You have to download DWM symbols packs. just each on the web about the same and you will find it.

The next thing you have to do is create a symbols folder in the windows partition. You have to copy the content of \2014-05-13_Symbols\2014-05-13_W8-x-x_xXX\symbols to the folder you had just created.
    You can also download that. Just look for download of Aero Glass 1.3. This one works really well for Windows 8.1. You have to download and run the setup and this will add the aero glass effect. It works in the same way you use the transparency option. You can disable that by removing it from the control panel. There are few settings provided. You will need a Direct3D support on your system for this.