Thread: How to install Apps directly on SD Card in Galaxy S5

How to install Apps directly on SD Card in Galaxy S5

Hi, i am using Galaxy S5 since a week. Need some urgent help from you all. I installed a 32GB MicroSD Card in the device which is having over 25 GB free space. Now, i have installed some HD games in the device such as Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 4, Knight Rises, etc which had occupied over 99% of my internal disk storage.

The problem i am here is, although i can move installed applications to SD card, but i cannot move the game OBB data to sd card because they dont work then. Due to which i am not able to install any new apps, anymore, to my phone. So, i wanted to know if there is anyway we can enable applications to get installed directly to MicroSD card in Galaxy S5? If yes, please let me know.

Re: How to install Apps directly on SD Card in Galaxy S5

As far as i know, there is no built-in option for doing the same on Galaxy S5. The only way is to first install the app in built-in storage then move it to external SD Card.

May be if there is some app that can make this happen. I dont know about it but will be excited to know.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    As far as i know, there is no built-in option for doing the same on Galaxy S5. The only way is to first install the app in built-in storage then move it to external SD Card.

May be if there is some app that can make this happen. I dont know about it but will be excited to know.
    You are right dude, there is no inbuilt option for doing the same but there is an app named "SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD" that allows to write apps directly on SD Card, in any Kitkat phone. You can download the app from Google Play and it is absolutely free.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Assistant View Post
    You are right dude, there is no inbuilt option for doing the same but there is an app named "SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD" that allows to write apps directly on SD Card, in any Kitkat phone. You can download the app from Google Play and it is absolutely free.
    The above mentioned app requires Rooted Galaxy S5. It will just not work without root access. So, if you really want to write apps on your S5 and if it is yet not rooted, you can do it right now following the steps provided here: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5