Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Stock ROM in Nokia X

How to install Stock ROM in Nokia X

I am planning to root my Nokia X device. But before that I want to know that is there a process available through which one can simply reinstall the stock rom back. I had tried finding out on web and know various process. But I am not really sure which one is effective here.

If there are possibility to restore the stock rom then I will move ahead with rooting and flashing the phone with custom rom. I am sure that will help to make this device work better.

Re: How to install Stock ROM in Nokia X

You can do that through Nokia Care Suite. This process works well and it will restore the original stock rom back on your phone. For that you just have to download the right firmware package for your phone. Once you get that install Nokia Care Suite. Then you have to click on Product Support Tools. You have to select the phone which is connected to your pc through original usb cable. Select the right firmware and done.

Re: How to install Stock ROM in Nokia X

Quote Originally Posted by Shayam View Post
    You can do that through Nokia Care Suite. This process works well and it will restore the original stock rom back on your phone. For that you just have to download the right firmware package for your phone. Once you get that install Nokia Care Suite. Then you have to click on Product Support Tools. You have to select the phone which is connected to your pc through original usb cable. Select the right firmware and done.
    I had did that. And it works really well. This process puts the original stock rom back in the phone. Now in many phone once you root you lose the warranty.

You cannot take the device to the service center. But in Nokia X you have the option to get the old one back. You can simply enjoy rooting and adding custom rom and once you are not happy you can just restore it back through Nokia Care Suite.