Thread: Is it possible to Restore Original Stock ROM in HTC One M8

Is it possible to Restore Original Stock ROM in HTC One M8

Compare to other android phone HTC device are quiet complicated to root and flash. I want to know that if one root the device and flash the rom, is it possible to restore things back as it was before. Like Samsung you have option to restore the factory OS back.

But what about HTC? I had unlocked my phone and installed TWRP recovery. I had tested a few rom also. I am not require happy with the same. I want to get back to the stock OS . Please help.

Re: Is it possible to Restore Original Stock ROM in HTC One M8

There is no way to get the stock settings back. You cannot unroot the device one it is rooted. Especially HTC. Here you can do one thing. Try to find the stock rom for your device. If you have the build number then it is far more easy to locate the download. Just get the rom and then flash it through the TWRP. This will give you the stock features back but still your device will be rooted. You must think before doing this.

Re: Is it possible to Restore Original Stock ROM in HTC One M8

Rooting HTC phone are always risky and complicated. You root and you lose the warranty. Because here you have to download a unlock code from HTC site and you had already notified them that the device is rooted.

Even if you someone mange to get the stock rom back the device still remain out of warranty. Sometime rooting brings out new problem. Like slow performance, crash, etc. It is better you try some custom rom that work well.