Thread: Motorola Moto E Review

Motorola Moto E Review

Motorola E is a hit budget android phone that is released for Rs.7000 and it is already out of stock. Flipkart has officially started selling this model which is a huge hit in Indian market. This phone provides you a nice 4.3inch front screen which is a IPS display. It offers you a max resolution of 960x540. It runs on Kitkat 4.4 android operating system out of the box and gives you a 5MP camera. Overall features of this mobile are very impressive at the budget price.

It looks Motorola has take a huge leap in order to beat the budget phone market in India. Before this Samsung Galaxy Y was a huge hit among users which gives you a outdated Gingerbread OS with 256MB ram only. But Moto E is far more developed and enhanced. I do not really think there is any other model which can still stand against this mobile phone. It is consider as poor man's apple. First of all the low price makes it affordable for everyone.

Whoever looking for an entry level phone with reliable body design and good interface can go with Moto E. This phone is small and portable in size. But comes with durable design also. It is designed with a motive so that all can buy it. And no other model at this price can give you a nice Gorilla glass protection with water guard. This makes it a bit long lasting phone than others. You can select a bit different back panels to make the phone look more impressive. After using this phone for a day I am quite happy to have something valuable. From no angle it has a cheap body design and with fast touch support it is a ideal choice. Before going to test the device, lets have a look at its highlights:

• Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
    • Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
    • 4.3 inch qHD touch screen display with Corning Gorilla glass 3
    • 960 x 540 pixels resolution
    • 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 processor
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 400 MHz Adreno 302 GPU
    • 5 Megapixel rear camera
    • 4GB internal memory, expandable with microSD Card
    • 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
    • 1980 mAh battery

Design and Packaging:

Mote E is one of the best budget phones with great design. It does not look budget phone from any angle. Motorola has used a mixture of good body element to make it impressive in look. It is also not very large. Just perfect to the size you need to put in your pocket. With removable back cover you have choices to buy different colors in it. This adds more to the customization. This changeable back cover is called as Motorola Shells. You can find this in different colors and design combination. Last time I had seen for Moto X, you can go online and create your own back cover, but this time you can just buy the cover and add them instantly. You can enrich the look of your device m ore through this. The body is around 12.3mm thick which is nice and offer a good grip.

At front a 4.3inch display lies with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. This makes the phone screen durable and scratches resistance. And further it is covered by additional water resistance splash guard. You won't find this in budget phones. This is something very valuable. Corning Gorilla Glass protection is provided on high end phone mostly. But adding this on Moto E makes it exceptionally great. The phone fits very well on hand. You can use the entire screen with your thumb. It is fast responsive and offer good viewing angle, but has a bit issue with sunlight readability. Moto G is having a very good design. The first things that come in mind when I saw Moto E that it will have a regular plastic body with glossy thin back cover. But things are much better here. In terms of durable Moto E score nice.

Even if the phone fell from your hand it can bear a bit shock. The device has a 4GB storage which is regular in many budget phones. Among which around 2.2GB is available for the users. You can still expand the storage by adding a 32GB SD card. The SIM card slot and memory card slot lies inside. Moto E looks more specific towards it look. It is a good looking phone with soft keys on the screen which are easy to manage. The phone looks better than other budget phone.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Re: Motorola Moto E Review

Display / Screen:

Budget phone does not mean you will lack a good screen resolution. Moto E gives you something really amazing when it comes to display. Moto E offers you a qHd display that offers you a max resolution of 540 x 960 qHD at 256ppi. 4.3inch screen is not bad at all. You can simply play videos and checkout your images.

Screen is very vibrant when you are indoor, but when you are in sunlight the screen gets dark. I am really impressed with the screen quality. The resolution is great for videos. I found the screen better compared to Sony Xperia Z1 compact which is a bit pricy phone compared to Moto E. Touch support is decent here. You can get all colors clearly reflected on the screen. And this is more than enough to expect on budget phone.

Performance:

One of the biggest benefit of buying Moto E is that it comes loaded with Android Kitkat 4.4 OS out of the box. And also Motorola guarantee you upgrades in future also. So that if there is a 4.5 or 4.6 upcoming releases then you can simply get that for free through OTA. Moto E is good in performance due to its decent specification. This device is already ready for the next coming update. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 200 processor and it is really great to have 1GB ram.

Dual core processor is capable of giving you good performance for apps and gaming. A few benchmarking results on this phone were surprising. In terms of output I am really happy with it. But if you overload the phone with too many applications it will lag. The device actively maintains even performances when you are using it for gaming also. I had played a few games like Mario Kart, Angry Birds, etc that works well. But when it comes to HD game it is not good to push this phone much.

Camera:

Moto E gives you a 5MP primary camera. There is no autofocus and flash provided. This makes the camera bit limited in terms of usage. And also there is no front camera. Still we can give up this kind of things if we are getting a budget phone. The phone is capable of giving you FVWGA video capture which produces a quiet decent quality of video quality. I do not really think you need a front camera if you are buying a phone under Rs.8000.

Because most of time you are going to get VGA camera which is not going to help you much. Lack of LED makes the photos a bit darker when you are taking it in the night. With touch to capture function you can take photos instantly by taping on a part of the screen. After taking a few photos outside the images are quiet clear but poor in low light.

Re: Motorola Moto E Review

Battery Life:

This device runs on 1980mAH battery which is good enough to give you an entire day usage if you use it effectively. That means not playing games all the time of watching videos. The battery works fine once charged fully. If you are using the device more wisely you can also expect the battery life more than a day. For 2G and 3G usage you can get amazing screen output. One thing I will say that Moto E has a very long battery life if you are using the phone for calling and 2G. But with gaming and multimedia you can simply use it for a day at least.

Conclusion:

No doubt Moto E is one of the best budget phones in the market. It gives you a latest 4G connectivity which comes in only cost mobile phone. The device also comes with the late Android Kitkat 4.4 operating system. These things are not available in other budget phone. I would be doubtful to buy this pone if the cost was above Rs.10000. But it comes in a nice budget solution which is cheaper and also great in terms of output. It is also a popular device.