Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8 Error “the file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt”

Windows 8 Error “the file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt”

"The file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt" is one of the most common error I am facing every time when I am trying to install Windows 8. I want some help here to get rid of this problem. I had tried to re-launch the setup a number of time but it is not working. I want bit help to fix the issue.

I want to install windows back again due to performance issue on my existing system. I am trying to use a DVD for the same. Please help me.

Re: Windows 8 Error “the file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt”

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    "The file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt" is one of the most common error I am facing every time when I am trying to install Windows 8.
    This type of error appear due to various reason. First if there is any hardware connected to your pc and windows is unable to find right drivers. So when you are installing it is recommended that you must disconnect the system from lan, remove the printer and other hardware connection. This will probably give you a smooth installation. Later on you can connect all and update the drivers. Or you can change the setup disc.

Re: Windows 8 Error “the file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt”

One of the most common reason behind this problem is corrupt DVD file. You have to download a working iso file for the same. You can get that from Microsoft servers.

Most of the time it is not a hardware or driver issue, it is due to scratch disc. You have to get another one to test it back. I had got this problem several time on Windows 7. There were few damage exe files on the same that was causing the problem.