Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Win 8.1 / IE 11 error "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running Scripts or ActiveX Controls

Win 8.1 / IE 11 error "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running Scripts or ActiveX Controls

Windows 8.1 upgrade has brought so many problems for people. The most common issue lies with the browser. Like Internet Explorer or any other browser. When I try to open any site I am getting a error Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running Scripts or ActiveX Controls.

What is this error about. The message box ask to simply allow block content. From where I can allow it. I tried refreshing the page but it still failed. Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Win 8.1 / IE 11 error "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running Scripts or ActiveX Controls

Many website today uses flash content. And when your system is not having flash you get this kind of error.

So the first thing you have to do is visit the official site of flash player and download the most latest version. Install it and then launch your browser back again. Try a few different site.

There is a slider on the top side. This appear when any of this content is on the site. You must click on always allow for the same.

Re: Win 8.1 / IE 11 error "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running Scripts or ActiveX Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Param View Post
    So the first thing you have to do is visit the official site of flash player and download the most latest version. Install it and then launch your browser back again. Try a few different site.
    If flash player update does not help then you can try re-installing java in your system. It will also help you in fixing the issue. Java update is required on many site and most of this errors are linked with java. You can visit the official site and you can download the most latest updates. Just install them and test back. If this also fails then ensure that your browser secondary settings are configured to allow active x components.