Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Internet explorer 11 won't allow me to print

Internet explorer 11 won't allow me to print

Printing documents failed on Internet explorer 11. I am trying to print directly from a email. Before when I hit Ctrl + P I get a popup box that shows me the entire page to print. But now this is not working. This happen after upgrading to Windows 8.1. I am bit stuck with this problem and I am not having any other browser in my pc. I always use Internet Explorer because a few add-ons that will not work in others.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Internet explorer 11 won't allow me to print

There is a tiny fix that can help. You might have tried turning off the protected mode due to which you are getting the error. This protected mode cause issues with print. For that just click on Tools > Internet Option and there look for Security tab.

Go in that and remove the tick from protected mode. Click on apply and then restart the browser. Then once again try to print and see. This will fix the issue. Try to reduce the security settings.

Hope it helps.

Re: Internet explorer 11 won't allow me to print

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhya View Post
    Printing documents failed on Internet explorer 11. I am trying to print directly from a email. Before when I hit Ctrl + P I get a popup box that shows me the entire page to print. But now this is not working. This happen after upgrading to Windows 8.1. I am bit stuck with this problem and I am not having any other browser in my pc. I always use Internet Explorer because a few add-ons that will not work in others.
    Just verify once the default printer is selected or not. You can find that in Device and Printer. Go in that and right click on your printer. Choose print test page. This is to find whether the printer is working well.

If not then you can re-add that by installing the latest driver. Just collect the proper drivers for that. And then set it to default. Then try to print back through internet explorer. Just check that you had stopped popup.