Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Internet Explorer 11 Error 9C57 while updating

Internet Explorer 11 Error 9C57 while updating

Hey guys, need some quick help from you all. Whenever I try to update my browser from Internet Explorer 10 to Internet Explorer 11 I am getting a update error. The error code is Error 9C57. I want to get the new browser because I am having a performance issue on my system.

I had tried to fix this thing a number of time but it fails to work. In Internet Explorer 10 when I try to open multiple tabs it is not working. How to remove Internet Explorer and re-install it back? Please reply soon.

Re: Internet Explorer 11 Error 9C57 while updating

There can be some damage system files in your system which is causing the issue. Try to disable your antivirus when you are updating. If this does not work then you have to boot your pc in Clean Boot state. Then you can try installing the web browser. For that type msconfig in the run box. Go in services and in that add a tick on hide all Microsoft services. Then disable all other things. Reboot and check back.

Re: Internet Explorer 11 Error 9C57 while updating

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Hey guys, need some quick help from you all. Whenever I try to update my browser from Internet Explorer 10 to Internet Explorer 11 I am getting a update error. The error code is Error 9C57. I want to get the new browser because I am having a performance issue on my system.
    You can try out downloading the web browser and then installing it directly over the older one. You can find the download for Internet Explorer 11 from various download website. Just download it first and then run the setup over your existing one.

I think that will fix the issue. If it not then you have to start with system restore. This will add the old working settings but will also remove any recently installed applications in your pc.