Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 Error "Error Windows defender has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer”

Windows 8.1 Error "Error Windows defender has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer”

In my new laptop I am getting a Windows Defender Error. I have McAfee in the system. It is trail edition. And I had not enabled Windows Defender. But still it is giving me the same kind of error.

I thought the issue was with McAfee. It is clashing with the antivirus so I removed it. But still UI am getting the same error. I tried to turn Defender on to avoid the error but it is not working. How to disable this thing.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 Error "Error Windows defender has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer”

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie girl View Post
    In my new laptop I am getting a Windows Defender Error. I have McAfee in the system. It is trail edition.
    First of all you were having two antivirus among which Defender was off. Then you removed McAfee. You have to go in Control panel and you will have to turn on Defender. This will help you to fix the error you are facing.

But if you are unable to turn it on then you have to run Windows System File Checker utility. This software will scan your file for damage files and will fix it quiet easily.

Just go in cmd and type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Hope it helps.

Re: Windows 8.1 Error "Error Windows defender has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer”

Why dont you simply try to run system restore?

Actually Defender is being unstable due to which you are getting the error. System restore will give you back your original settings. There is no way you can uninstall Defender.

If this does not work then you have to re-install windows back again. Every system comes with simple recovery partition. You can use that to restore the existing windows back again. Search in your start menu for any recovery application.