Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Android 4.4 Kitkat in Xolo Q1000 Opus

How to install Android 4.4 Kitkat in Xolo Q1000 Opus

I am looking for Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Xolo Q1000 Opus. I am not able to find the same. I had seen so many custom rom installation process. But there is nothing available for Xolo Q1000 Opus. I am quit bored with the existing OS.

I heard that the new Android 4.4 Kitkat rom has more powerful feature. It is also good for phone battery. I have a bit issue with the battery power also. It is depleting fast. So, somebody please tell me if there is any way i can update my phone to Kitkat?

Thank you very much in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Android 4.4 Kitkat in Xolo Q1000 Opus

Xolo Q900T has got the new firmware update. It is official Kitkat update from your manufacturer itself, then why to go with Custom ROMs.

I do not think you really have to root the phone. The update is being announced by Xolo phone. You can check that through settings. Just tap on update inside System of inside Developer options. If you are not getting any message about the update installation then wait back. Do not root your phone. You are getting official update on your phone.

Android 4.4 Kitkat is officially announced for Xolo Q900T . This update was released yesterday. You have to check that in your phone and if you had not received then wait back. No need to go with custom rom or rooting. You will lose the phone warranty in that way.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bpati View Post
    Android 4.4 Kitkat is officially announced for Xolo Q900T . This update was released yesterday. You have to check that in your phone and if you had not received then wait back. No need to go with custom rom or rooting. You will lose the phone warranty in that way.
    The update is provided through the website of Xolo not through OTA. This new update carries many new features. That means you have to download it and install it in your phone. The total size is 294 MB.

Download it and transfer that to your phone memory card. Add Xolo Care app in your phone and tap on update. That's it. The update will be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Assistant View Post
    The update is provided through the website of Xolo not through OTA.
    If you want you can easily download the Official Kitkat package for Opus from here as well. I just flashed the update on my Q1000 Opus and i must say, it is amazing. Now i feel like having a new phone in my hand.