Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Lost IMEI number of my Samsung Galaxy Phone after installing Custom ROM, please help

Lost IMEI number of my Samsung Galaxy Phone after installing Custom ROM, please help

After adding a custom rom on Samsung Galaxy Phone I am unable to find the old imei number. It is changed and my network has stopped working. I tried factory reset a number of time but it fails.

I want a bit help here to restore the old imei b ack. I had not backup the stock rom. I hope there will be some way or some applications which can help. I never through after installing the stock rom this is going to happen.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Lost IMEI number of my Samsung Galaxy Phone after installing Custom ROM, please help

Quote Originally Posted by Avery View Post
    After adding a custom rom on Samsung Galaxy Phone I am unable to find the old imei number.
    What is your Galaxy Phone model?

Re: Lost IMEI number of my Samsung Galaxy Phone after installing Custom ROM, please help

You can fix that through Samsung Tool Application. This app can help you to get your imei number back. It will work on rooted phone. Just install this and follow the screen instructions. It happens very rarely that after flashing custom rom you light loose your imei number.

You have to check properly and backup your files before flashing. Once your device is rooted you can use application like Titanium Backup pro to create a complete stock rom backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You can fix that through Samsung Tool Application. This app can help you to get your imei number back. It will work on rooted phone. Just install this and follow the screen instructions. It happens very rarely that after flashing custom rom you light loose your imei number.
    Before using Samsung Tool Application you have to use Root Explorer t copy the EFS folder from your phone. Make a backup of that. This will help you to restore the old settings back. If nothing works then based on your device model you will have to find the right stock rom. You can download that form internet. The stock rom will help to reflash your phone and make phone work as it was before.