Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to disable Windows Hotkeys in Windows 8

How to disable Windows Hotkeys in Windows 8

I am frustrated with windows hotkey notification on my screen. This message appears mostly when I am playing games. The game minimizes on its own and there is some hotkey message. I am having a Windows 8 system. I want some help here to turn this thing off.

What should I do? I am not able to find the settings. I went inside control panel but there is no section for hotkeys. I hope this will be easy to do. Any help will be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to disable Windows Hotkeys in Windows 8

It is quite easy, you can change the settings in minutes. It is right that sometime this hotkeys are annoying. But sometime they are bit useful. You can disable them by pressing Ctrl + G from your keyboard.

Second you can enable them by editing Group Policy. You have to launch that and you have to find the policy that control hotkeys. The value for that is Disable-hotkeys-windows-8.

To edit group policy editor, just type gpedit in Run box.

That will be a complicated procedure. There is a much easier one available. You can download a script from the web that can help you to disable the hotkeys. You can download AutoHotkey script. There are two. One among this disables the hotkey and other one enables the same. There is one more app you can try called as KeyTweak. Just find this online and override on your system. This will modify the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer View Post
    That will be a complicated procedure. There is a much easier one available. You can download a script from the web that can help you to disable the hotkeys. You can download AutoHotkey script. There are two. One among this disables the hotkey and other one enables the same. There is one more app you can try called as KeyTweak. Just find this online and override on your system. This will modify the settings.
    To use AutoHotkey scripts, you have to download it and configure it on %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. This will launch the script automatically whenever you start your pc.

In this way hotkeys will be turned off all the time. Just by running them once will not resolve the issue. You can also create a task for that and it will be lunched automatically.