Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Creating password recovery disk for Windows 8

Creating password recovery disk for Windows 8

I want to create a password recovery disk for Windows 8. I was using this long before on Windows 7. It is very helpful to restore password whenever I forget. I am not able to find the option in Windows 8. It is too confusing. I have three pc and all of them are upgraded to the new operating system. I hope by creating one password recovery dsic it will work on all other system also. How to create this in Windows 8.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Creating password recovery disk for Windows 8

The process is similar to windows 7. It is not complicated. You can create the password recovery disk on a usb or on a floppy drive. Floppy drive is usually outdated so you have to use a pen drive for that.

Go in Control panel and User Accounts and Family Safety. In that you can see User Accounts again. Click on that. And then on the left choose Create a password reset disk. Follow the screen instructions.

Re: Creating password recovery disk for Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by pcrock View Post
    I want to create a password recovery disk for Windows 8. I was using this long before on Windows 7. It is very helpful to restore password whenever I forget. I am not able to find the option in Windows 8. It is too confusing. I have three pc and all of them are upgraded to the new operating system. I hope by creating one password recovery dsic it will work on all other system also. How to create this in Windows 8.
    You can do the same thing through net user command. But for that you will need windows installation disc.

You have to boot the system through that and then click on repair from the installation menu. In the list you can see cmd. Click on that and then type net user and hit enter. You can see list of all account.

To change password type net user xyz newpassword. Here xyz is your user account name. Just add the newpassword and restart your pc.