Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Is my iPhone eligible to get Broken Power Button fixed for Free

Is my iPhone eligible to get Broken Power Button fixed for Free

Recently Apple acknowledged issue with iPhone 5. The problem with the sleep/wake key. How will I know that my phone is eligible for the fix. I am unable to find any issue here, but what if my phone also has the same issue.

Today Apple is accepting the device but after a few weeks when this thing is over I won't get it fixed for free. I want some help on the same to find out the broken power button issue.

Re: Is my iPhone eligible to get Broken Power Button fixed for Free

You can take your phone to apple care and tell them to replace the button. They will check and fix it. Even if you are not having a problem you must take it. Apple is giving a free fix for the power button mechanism. And it is right that after a while when this thing is over you won't get a free fix.

This is a button Replacement Program which is called upon worldwide. So just take to the apple care and show them.

Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    You can take your phone to apple care and tell them to replace the button. They will check and fix it. Even if you are not having a problem you must take it. Apple is giving a free fix for the power button mechanism. And it is right that after a while when this thing is over you won't get a free fix.

This is a button Replacement Program which is called upon worldwide. So just take to the apple care and show them.
    I agree with you Amrut and i too know all those things. But i was asking how can i know if my iPhone is Compatible for this Free Fix?

It sure they will not check each iphones around the world, right? There use to be some conditions apply, right? I want to know that thing.

Before going for that you can online check the eligibility. If your phone is no eligible then why to waste time. Here to find out whether your phone is eligible to this button Replacement Program you have to go in This Link.

The link will take to iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program Eligibility check. Just type your iPhone serial number in the box and click on submit. If your phone is eligible you will get the message.