Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: OnePlus One vs Google Nexus 5

Thread: OnePlus One vs. Google Nexus 5

OnePlus One vs. Google Nexus 5

Google Nexus 5 was the recent release that comes with a 5inch screen and Snapdragon 800, 2.26GHz processor. This phone features Wireless Charging which I think after Nokia no other phone offers. I want the exact difference between OnePlus One and Google Nexus 5.

Recently in a news I saw OnePlus One which many says that it is a performance phone. But what about the difference. Which one will be more powerful?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: OnePlus One vs. Google Nexus 5

Google Nexus 5 is lower in terms of configuration. OnePlus One is bigger and better.

It gives you a 5.5inch screen with 3GB ram and Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. While Google Nexus 5 has Snapdragon 800.

Obviously it is low compare to OnePlus One. Here if you need good hardware output with features and more bigger screen then go with OnePlus One. It is a good phone and it is also quiet popular.

OnePlus One
    Google Nexus 5
    Price: $299 Rs. 30,000/-
    Operating System: CyanogenMod 11S on Android 4.4 KitKat Operating system Android, v4.4 (KitKat)
    Display: 5.5 inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 4.95 inches full HD IPS screen
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
    Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor 2.3 GHz, Quad Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor
    RAM: 3 GB RAM 2GB of RAM
    GPU: -- Adreno 330, 450 MHz
    Storage Memory: 16GB / 32GB internal storage memory 32 GB inbuilt, no micro SD
    Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, GPS
    Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel rear camera with Dual LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor and f/2.0 aperture Yes, 8 MP
    Front Camera: 5 Megapixel front-facing camera Yes, 1.3 MP
    Battery: 3100 mAh Battery 2300mAH, Li-Po Battery

Both the phone are different. They are released with their respective features. But it is right that OnePlus One has more power. It is clearly a good phone with many amazing features. You won't get this kind of hardware config in any other device. If you ignore the price then OnePlus One is surely my choice. That is because of things it offers. It is of no use to go with a outdated model if you are having a latest one in front of you.

Banned User

It is not always about the power. A forked version of Android vs a pure Android experience is way too different. Probably CyanogenMod will take up more battery and processing power. IT could just need that much more RAM to work and indirectly, the user can be left with something similar to the Nexus 5. If only they had Pure Android 4.4, it was a no-thinker to buy