Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: HTC One M8 wont boot, only take me to Recovery

HTC One M8 wont boot, only take me to Recovery

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all. I bought a brand new HTC One M8 last week and now it has stopped booting. It just take me to the recovery all the time. I was trying to root the phone. I found a procedure for S-off and I was trying that.

I think everything step was proper. But somehow it is not working. There was some problem at the time of weaksauce and firewater installation. I am using TWRP method. Now after the procedure when I restarted the phone it is not booting. It just restart back to recovery screens.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: HTC One M8 wont boot, only take me to Recovery

You have to reflash the rom here. Do this. Try to move the rom flash file in the sd card of your device. Insert it and when you are on the recovery mode choose install from sd card. Select the flash file from there and let the setup run. The rom will re-install and it will resolve the problem. But if this is not working then it means you are not using the right version of rom. You have to find the right version.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    I think everything step was proper. But somehow it is not working. There was some problem at the time of weaksauce and firewater installation. I am using TWRP method. Now after the procedure when I restarted the phone it is not booting. It just restart back to recovery screens.
    To fix the problem you have to start the procedure back again from start or else it will not work. For that you can download the stock rom first. You can download that from XDA.

Just locate the rom first and use the fastboot mode through adb to restore the rom. Your phone is having a damage rom or there is any improper settings which is causing the issue. You have to fix that by restoring everything back again.

Use the fastboot flash nameofrecovery.img command to flash the image file back into the mobile phone. Then only it is going to work.

You have to locate the right rom version or else things can be worse. Atleast your phone is starting in recovery mode. In my case when my friend started this procedure the phone stuck on the logo. It was not going in recovery also.

We took that to service center and get it fixed.