Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to unlock Galaxy S5 if lost password and Finger Scanner not working

How to unlock Galaxy S5 if lost password and Finger Scanner not working

As we know Samsung Galaxy S5 has a finger print scanner in it. I want to know what to do if someone does not remember the password and the scanner is also not working. The phone is them permanently locked. Is there a way available through which one can recover his login details. It happens sometime people does not remember the password and there can be defect in the phone which cause scanner failure. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to unlock Galaxy S5 if lost password and Finger Scanner not working

There is a way for that. Samsung has already thought about the same. It is right that all security settings are not accurate. Sometime there is a human error like forgetting password or sometime is a hardware fault in the device itself.

So there is no need to panic at that time. There are some thing you can do to recover the password. Whenever you configure this settings your default email id is linked. you can use that to login. If you are unable to unlock the screen then you have to provide details of your registered Google account. That is your Gmail id.

And then you will receive the password in the mail. But remember if your internet is off at that time you have to restore factory settings from recovery mode.

This is strange. There is no other way only the Gmail thing. I was using a pattern lock before and I forgot the same. My internet was also On. I tried to unlock it but things were not working. At last I restarted the phone in recovery mode and restored the factory settings. The phone started working. But I lost everything. All contacts and messages.

I found one date on web that says the new iPhone 6 can land at June 2014. This fall in the second quarter. Some rumors that I found on web says this time Apple is going to extend the screen size.

They are going to bring it above 5inch. That means a phablet. Till yet Apple has not increased the screen size. A 5.5inch model is expected next year. This means more hardware and graphics.