Thread: What is new in iOS 7.1.1 update

What is new in iOS 7.1.1 update

I am having an iPod Touch since long time. Recently i had updated it to iOS 7. today i heard from a friend that Apple has released a new update, i.e. 7.1.1. As i am out on a trip and dont have access to internet on my iPod, i am not able to check what's new on my own. So, can anyone of you guys here please tell me if it is necessary to install this update on my iPod? If yes, please tell me what is new in this iOS 7.1.1 update? Thanks in advance.

Re: What is new in iOS 7.1.1 update

Well there is nothing special in this update. I have installed this update on my iPhone and didn't found something great. However, installing every new firmware update is always necessary for better performance and security.

So you must install it on your iPod. If you dont have internet on your iPod, why dont you know install it via itunes on your computer from where you sent this post.

Apple released the v7.1.1 update yesterday. It is a small update with just 26 MB in size and it brings you the following improvements:

• Touch ID Fingerprint recognition is improved
    • Fixed Keyboard responsiveness bug
    • Fixed bug with Bluetooth keyboard with VoiceOver

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    If you dont have internet on your iPod, why dont you know install it via itunes on your computer from where you sent this post.
    I know i can update it via itunes but i am on my laptop while itunes is installed on my desktop computer at home. I keep my laptop as free of resources as possible. By the way thank you very much for the suggestions and info.