Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 and K860i

How to Root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 and K860i

Recently Lenovo came with some really amazing mobile models. One thing I found good about the devices that they are quiet good in terms of processing and battery life. Today I will show you the rooting process of two Lenovo models. They are Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 and IdeaPhone K860i. This two devices fall in the budget price and give you good features. The first one here Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 is sold for Rs.15000 in the market.

There is a lot of similar between both the models. The devices runs on Android v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS. It is powered by 1.4 GHz Quad Core Cortex-A9 Processor and 1 GB RAM. It offer you 8GB internal storage. The devices has a nice 5-inch LCD Capacitive Touch screen on the front side. For camera it has a 8 MP Primary Camera with 2 MP Secondary Camera.

It comes with all standard connectivity options. And it gives you 2250 mAH battery. By rooting you can take various benefits. You can extend the internal storage by removing bloatware. This also boost your phone battery life. But remember that this is a kind of unofficial process. This lead to warranty void. And you will not receive any OTA updates. The good part here is that after rooting you have a super users access. You can remove stock rom and replace it with the custom firmware. You can add many application and backup your phone entire. After rooting many restrictions are removed. Like you can add a custom recovery solution that will help you to troubleshoot your phone more effectively. So let's move ahead.

Requirements:

• IT is very important that you must backup your data. Do not move ahead without that. You will lose your contact and other data if phone fails to start. Backup will help you to restore your phone old state back.
    • Check the battery. It must be more than 60%. If the phone turns off in between due to lower phone it will not turn on. You will have to go ahead with flashing process then.
    • Download FramaRoot APK file and keep it on y our desktop.
    • Connect the phone to your pc and check the latest Lenovo usb drivers are installed in your system.
    • You will need a SD card. There must be atleast 100MB space left in that.
    • Turn on USB Debugging. You can do that from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to Root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 and K860i

Rooting Process:

• Connect Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 or Lenovo IdeaPhone K860i device to your pc through original usb cable.
    • Copy the Framaroot file in the memory card of your phone.
    • Now disconnect the device. You have to use a file manager application to navigate to the folder where you had kept the app.
    • Tap on Framaroot apk. From the app choose Super SU.
    • Tap on it and wait back. Now you will get four type of exploits here. They are Sam, Frodo, Legolas or Aragorn. Choose anyone from this.
    • You will get more screen instructions. Follow them and done. The device is now rooted.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter