Thread: How to connect Google Nexus 5 with Galaxy Gear 2

How to connect Google Nexus 5 with Galaxy Gear 2

Galaxy Gear 2 is a smart watch that is designed to work with Samsung Smartphone. I want to know that is there a process available through which I can use this on Nexus 5. My friend gave that to me. And I want to use it. I tried turning of Bluetooth but it is not detected. I am looking for some help through which I can sync the watch to my Nexus device and use it.

If it works I will buy that from my friend. It is a used one but works really fine. Any suggestion on this would be appreciated.

Re: How to connect Google Nexus 5 with Galaxy Gear 2

It is possible to use Galaxy Gear 2 with Nexus 5. You will have to use Gear Manager APK app for that. You can download it from this link. Just download the application first on your device and install it.

It will not install if Unknown Sources is disabled from the Settings > security. Once it is installed turn on the Bluetooth. And then launch the Gear Manager app.

You will have to choose the device in that. When your Bluetooth is on the device will be detected for pairing. Tap on pair from your Nexus phone.

You will get a popup for installing a few applications. Install all of them. Now the phone is ready to use. You have to agree the conditions and done.

I had done that before. It really works. The above part is just for pairing. There are more settings you have to do. You have to going Gear Manager notification and remove the tick from Limit Notifications. Then turn on More Notifications and add a tick on Gear Manager. If this does not work then just go in Settings > Apps > Gear Manager and tap on clear cache and try back.

You can try the same thing through ATN Manager 1.2.2. This app is also works like Gear Manager.

Just install the application and from Galaxy Gear 2 go in Settings > Security > Notifications. In that add a tick on ATNManager. Launch the app in your phone and tick the check boxes of notification you want to see on the watch.