Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to import Emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 8.1

How to import Emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 8.1

Until last week i was using Windows 7 and now upgraded to Windows 8.1. Well, i learn many things so far in this new operating system but stuck with one most important thing.So, i want a bit help in importing all my emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in my new Windows 8.1 system. I have more than 800 emails in Outlook Express. And I do not want to use that anymore. I want use the new one now. I always download all the email to my system old and no copy is left on the server.

So, somebody here please tell me how can i move my emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 8.1? Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to import Emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 8.1

I know the manual processor. I hope this can help you. You have to copy the pst files from your Windows partition and you can just copy paste that in the exact place in your new Windows 8.1 system.

Microsoft Outlook will instantly upload that with all folders. You can find the location inside your windows partition which is a hidden file. Do not cut paste. Just copy the files so that your existing mails are not affected.

Quote Originally Posted by rajmalhotra View Post
    So, somebody here please tell me how can i move my emails from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 8.1?
    Luckily Outlook Express has as option through which you can backup and restore all the emails. And Microsoft Outlook is capable of reading Outlook Express backup. The first thing we will do is backup all the emails from Outlook Express. Go in Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder and copy the Store Location. Open the location and copy all the internal files. Now you have do the same in MS Outlook. Just move those file in the Store Location.

There is one more simple way of doing that. You have to go in File > Export > Messages. Export all the messages in a folder and then launch Outlook. In that again go to File > Import/Export and Import those file. This is the best and fastest way. It will import all your Inbox content in the email client with any folders you had created.

Outlook Express uses DBX file format to store user information while Outlook uses PST file format. To convert DBX file to PST file format there are two options available direct method or manual method. Manual method is little bit tough as it is complex and time consuming process. Moreover there is not any assurance of data loss after file conversion. To make successful file conversion use professional DBX to PST file converter software like Stellar DBX to PST file converter software. There is also lot of other benefits using professional DBX converter software.

Good Information. All 5 backup software are good but currently I am using Ahsay Backup Software. It supports majorly Windows, Mac, Linux ,etc. Very Easy To Use, No Training is required. No Installation Required. Accessible through any of the Social Media Account. Data Remains Secured and Protected. Try this software also.

This is quite an old thread, but still I'm posting here. If you want to import emails from Outlook Express to Outlook client, you can try an easy manual trick. There's no need to use any paid software for this. You just need to have the DBX folders on your system. And all you need to use is Windows Live Mail application, that's it. It has both import and export features which you can use here.

First you need to import the email messages stored in the DBX folders of Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail. After that, you can export the email messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook client. It's so simple. No need to use any paid software or spend any cost here.

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.