Thread: How to activate Do Not Disturb feature in Samsung Galaxy S5

How to activate Do Not Disturb feature in Samsung Galaxy S5

As i found this place quite useful with Android stuffs, came here for a help.

I bought a brand new Galaxy S5 yesterday, still trying to learn it features one by one. So far, i've discovered many things on this new device but there is one thing i am not able to find. I am talking about the Do Not Disturb feature.

I heard from many people that S5 comes with any such option where you can disable everything on the phone that can disturb you at night or any other meeting place. I guess i have searched every settings but didn't figured it out yet.

So, can anyone here please tell me if it is available in all S5, if yes, where to access it? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to activate Do Not Disturb feature in Samsung Galaxy S5

First of all it is not the Do not Disturb feature, it is actually called Blocking Mode which is also available in few earlier Galaxy smartphones. I guess you might be searching the settings with Do not Disturb name, hence you didn't got it. You need to find Blocking Mode. In short, you will get this under Settings > Device Tab > Blocking Mode.

This is situated at the end of Device tab. Just mode the slider to turn it on, select the options carefully and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
    First of all it is not the Do not Disturb feature, it is actually called Blocking Mode which is also available in few earlier Galaxy smartphones.
    What, it is available in earlier Galaxy also? I though this is new feature in S5. Anyways, thank you very much for providing the settings options. And yeah..i was searching it with wrong name hence didn't found. help appreciated.

Yes, it is available in earlier devices as well including the Galaxy Grand 2. Have a look:

You can see exactly the same options in Galaxy S5 and Grand 2 Blocking Mode. Although it is not new, but it is very useful feature. Exactly works like Do not Disturb. Enjoy !