Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Two finger scroll not working after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Two finger scroll not working after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Two finger scrolling stopped working on Asus S400CA laptop. I got a popup for update of Windows 8.1. I thought it will be good to have new OS with new features. I had installed the update from Windows Store. It was fine and the system restarted properly. Everything is working except two finger scrolling. I use this frequently on websites to read long pages. Now I have to use a mouse. How to turn it on back? Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Two finger scroll not working after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I have been though this exact problem but i managed to fix it comfortably. What you need to do is go in Control Panel and search for Touchpad settings. In that you can find this options. The feature is linked with your touchpad so it is possible that after installation the settings are turned off.

You just have to enable them back again. You can also look in the system try where most of the applications are placed. If you find any touchpad related app right click on that and go in settings.

Try to run windows in compatibility mode and check back. I think the mouse drivers are having issue. For that you have to right click on the mouse driver setup file. The file that you had got in a CD at the time of buying laptop.

Right click on the setup file and choose compatibility mode. Select that as Windows 8 and run the setup. Then try back.

Just check in Control Panel > Uninstall a program that Asus Smart Gesture is working or not. You have to re-install that to fix the problem.

First remove it and then go on the official site of Asus and locate your product under Support. Download the touchpad drivers with Asus Smart Gesture. Install them both. If you can find any extra hotkeys driver then add them also.

Once the drivers are updated test the touchpad.