Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Touch Screen won't work after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Touch Screen won't work after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Hi, i am having a Samsung 700T1C-A04 Ativ pro since a year now. It came with Windows 8 pre-installed and i never had any problem with the same so far, or i can say until i upgraded my system to the latest Win 8.1. Ever since i upgraded, the touch screen of my pc stopped working instantly.

I am not able to use the touch screen any more but I can use the keyboard. I thought this update is going to boost the performance but it did something weird. It caused the touch screen to stop. Need help to fix it back.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Touch Screen won't work after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Looks like you had faced a driver issue after upgrade. You have to go in Device Manager and you will have to re-install the touch based device. Go in Device Manager and check that if there is any hardware problem. You can see yellow exclamation marks in it on specific devices. You can find the drivers through windows update or else you have to contact Samsung for help.

Re: Touch Screen won't work after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Hi, i am having a Samsung 700T1C-A04 Ativ pro since a year now. It came with Windows 8 pre-installed and i never had any problem with the same so far, or i can say until i upgraded my system to the latest Win 8.1. Ever since i upgraded, the touch screen of my pc stopped working instantly.
    It is a driver problem only. Go on the official site of Samsung. Go in the support section and enter your tablet model. You will get respective driver packages. Install them one by one. I hope your wifi is working. Because without that you cannot download the driers. Add them and reboot your tablet. It will start working. It is not a major issue just a tiny driver problem.