Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8 comparison

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8

Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8

Hi, o am planning to buy a new phone in next week. Hence i was comparing few devices in past couple of days and finally got stuck with the final two. And now, i need your help. Can anyone of you here tell mne which one between Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 is the best ?

Both phone looks amazing, but which is the strongest. I am not so good in understanding mobile stuff. I want a bit help to find one which can be good for gaming and photography both. I had seen a few video review of both the devices. Both looks perfect. If you want to choose which one you will go for and why.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Super Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8

Here are few important details about both devices specifications which may help you to compare. Have a look:

Samsung Galaxy S5
    HTC One M8
    Price: Rs. - Rs. -
    Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat
    Display: 5.1 inch full HD Super AMOLED Touch Screen display 5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
    Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor 2.5 GHz / 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
    RAM: 2 GB RAM 2 GB RAM
    GPU: -- Adreno 330 GPU
    Storage Memory: 16GB / 32GB internal storage memory, expandable upto 64GB using microSD Card 16GB / 32GB internal storage memory, expandable upto 128 GB using MicroSD Card
    Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, NFC and USB 3.0 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, MHL, GPS with GLONASS and NFC.
    Rear Camera: 16 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and BSI Duo Camera: 2 Megapixel + UltraPixel rear camera with dual LED Flash, BSI Sensor and F/2.0 aperture
    Front Camera: 2.1 Megapixel front-facing camera 5 Megapixel front-facing camera
    Battery: 2800 mAh Battery 2600 mAh Battery

When it comes to camera and durability then I do not think there is anything better than HTC ONe M8. This is an amazing device. It comes with gorilla glass protection and the body consist of strong aluminum case. It is powerful and also lightweight. The camera of this device is capable of giving you upto 50mp screen resolution on its 13MP lens. This is possible due to its internal image processor and camera settings.

Galaxy S5 is bit smaller compare to HTC One M8. It is more sleek and easy to handle. I found HTC One M8 bit bulky compared to S4. The weight is just around 145grams while HTC One M8 is round 160grams. That is because of the metal body.

But this does not means that S5 is not durable. It is also. If you need a more thin and sleek device then S5 is one good choice. The phone is also give you amazing screen and high end system hardware.

Both models are great. One thing I agree that HTC One M8 is more durable. So if you are spending a huge amount then why not to buy a durable device. S5 has a 5.1inch screen while M8 gives 5inch display.

S5 has 2.5 GHz quad-core chipset while M8 has 2.3 GHz quad-core cpu. There is not much difference. Both has Adreno 330 and 2GB ram and they run on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS.

Till here there is no major difference. Now comes the camera that really differ both devices. M8 has 4.1 ultrapixel camera with a 5MP front while S5 has 16 MP and 2.1MP front. No doubt that HTC is the best camera phone.