Thread: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specifications

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specifications

Even before the release of Galaxy S5, Samsung has already started production of S5 variants which includes, Galaxy S5 Zoom, Galaxy S5 Dual SIM and now here are the leaked specifications of Galaxy S5 Mini. Although the specifications are not announced officially, but there was a leaked details about the same which states S5 Mini sport a 4.5 inch HD SuperAMOLED touch screen display offering 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.

Probably Mini variant will be running on 1.5GB of RAM along with Snapdragon 400 quad core processor. The clock speed is yet unknown. In camera specs, it will be having a 2 Megapixel at front facing and a 8 Megapixel at the rear side. As per storage, it will be coming with 16GB built-in memory and will be running on 2100 mAh battery.

Here is the specifications list:

• 4.5 inch HD SuperAMOLED touch screen display
    • 1280 x 720p resolution
    • Quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
    • 1.5GB of RAM
    • 8 Megapixel rear camera
    • 2 Megapixel front facing camera
    • 16 GB built-in storage memory
    • 2100 mAh battery

As of now there is no information about the Pricing and availability but i'll post the same here very soon.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specifications

Good info NYPD. I just wanted to know whether the Mini version will also be Water and dust resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    Good info NYPD. I just wanted to know whether the Mini version will also be Water and dust resistance?
    Yes, it will be Water and resistance (IP67 certified) just like original Galaxy S5. Not thats all, Galaxy S5 Mini also comes with IR blaster. As of now what is not sure is whether this variant will be having the heart rate sensors.

What I'm most interested in is the dimensions of the phone. At the moment I have a Galaxy S4, great phone but for me its just a touch too big. So with the next wave of phones getting bigger still I've decided to look at the mini's for my future phone.

Samsung improved things massively going from the S3 mini to S4 mini. Bigger screen, bigger battery and better specs yet a very similar size, much liter and quite a bit thinner. For me its just still a touch too thick as I've gotten used to the thickness of my S4. Other current mini phones I've looked at all seem thicker and heavier then the S4 mini so I'm really hoping someone pushes the mini aspect with the next set of these phones.

I'd love to see something like this from the S5 Mini:

Dimensions: 124 x 61 x 7.9 mm
    Weight: 110g
    Screen: 4.3" 720p
    Processor: Dual core 2Ghz or Quad core 1.5Ghz with Adreno 320 or better
    RAM: 2GB
    Battery 2100mAh or better
    Camera 12Mpixel or better

I don't mind too much if its a bit wider and taller if they increase the screen to 4.5" (though for me 4.3 is enough so I'd just prefer to keep that for a smaller phone). Also don't mind too much is the camera is 8Mpixels or if the RAM stays at 1.5GB. As long as they manage 8mm thickness and keep is lite I'll be very happy. Obviously water and dust resistant would also be very nice but for me the absolute most important thing for a mini is the dimensions.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is now official. Samsung revealed it today and the device would on sale later this week in Russia. As it is officially revealed, here is the actual specs:

• Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System
    • Dual SIM (Optional)
    • 4.5 inch HD Super AMOLED display
    • 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
    • 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
    • 1.5GB of RAM
    • 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash
    • 2.1 Megapixel front-facing camera
    • 1080p video recording
    • IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance
    • 16GB internal memory, expandable upto 64GB using microSD card
    • S Health, Heart rate sensor
    • 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
    • 2100 mAh Battery

The phone is now already up for pre-order in UK at the price of $628.99 which comes upto Rs. 38,000/- in India. However, there is no date mentioned about when it is going to start shipping. But as it is on pre-order, we can expect it very soon anytime.