Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What are new features in Windows Phone 8.1

What are new features in Windows Phone 8.1

As we know Nokia recently released 3 new Lumia members named Lumia 930, 630 and 635 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. I was just wondering what is new in Windows 8.1 ? What does it offers extra compared to Windows Phone 8?

Soon Microsoft is planning to make Windows OS free for phone models. That means there will be a boom in Windows phone production. I want to find out the exact new features. Other say it is more fluid. That is a common thing to guess because it will be more optimized. But what other things make Windows Phone 8.1 different from the older one. I hope to get valuable advice on my topic.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: What are new features in Windows Phone 8.1

There are many changes done by Microsoft in its new phone os. It not that it will be faster, but it will be better. Windows Phone OS has a very stiff competition from iOS and Android. People are already loving android for its cheap prices and smooth UI.

Keeping that in mind Microsoft has reworked on the new Windows Phone offering a much better output this time. Some if it features include a enhanced notification center. This was not provided below but now we have this.

Re: What are new features in Windows Phone 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by LocalGuy View Post
    As we know Nokia recently released 3 new Lumia members named Lumia 930, 630 and 635 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. I was just wondering what is new in Windows 8.1 ? What does it offers extra compared to Windows Phone 8?
    I can put more light on this. I am searching for the new stuff on Windows Phone 8.1 from long time and able to get a short list. I will love to share that.

• Finally Microsoft has done some serious changes in making Windows Phone OS better. It is true that there will be a notification panel. It is called as Action center. It will give you all logs and details on the screen with one swipe.
    • It will have a digital voice assistant called as Cortana. Microsoft took long time to bring voice assistant to portable device. But finally we have something like Siri.
    • The new update brings up Parallax scrolling. This would make start screen more impressive. You can now apply different themes on lock screen. You can also make one of your own choice.
    • Microsoft has also modified the default keyboard. They had added a new keyboard called as Word Flow. You can use it more effectively.
    • The device comes with many pre-installed apps like Skype, Xbox Music, Video, etc.
    • Even iCloud integrated is applied.
    • The camera app is modified with little tweak in gallery ui.
    • The settings panel is extended by adding more utilities like Storage Sense, Battery Saver and Wifi Sense.

I hope Microsoft effort would be useful for users.