Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Best security apps for Android preventing lost or stolen

Best security apps for Android preventing lost or stolen

Hi, i have couple of Android smartphones and tablets which i carry along with me every time. Only i am worried about is getting any of them lost or stolen as i keep traveling several places frequently. What is most concerned, is the data. So, i wanted to know what the best security applications available for Android phones which can prevent our data when a phone is lost or stolen? It should be like nobody should get access to my data except me. It would be good if the software can provided remote wipe out or can send me the photo of the person who has got my phone, just like Norton 360 does.

It will be very helpful if you guys can provide me 3 to 4 suggestions of apps. Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Best security apps for Android preventing lost or stolen

Today it is very common to lose a devices. Last year I lost my phone and with that I lost all my contacts and messages. That was devastating. There are few apps available online that promise to provide the phone details when it is lost or stolen. I made this thread to find out good apps.

I am seeking advance from those people who are already using it. I bought a HTC devices and I do not want to lose it.

If you take care of your device you will not lose it. But sometime it is bad luck. There are few apps that can help. Most of them only works when they are installed. This means if your device is formatted or flashed then there is nothing you can do.

Still in Android we have some safety features. You can use Android Device Manager. This app is provide by Android. It help you to locate your phone if you lost it. Through this you can wipe your phone from remote location.

Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    Still in Android we have some safety features. You can use Android Device Manager. This app is provide by Android. It help you to locate your phone if you lost it. Through this you can wipe your phone from remote location.
    I am using this. You have to keep your gps on for that. Once you configure the device to remote wipe, it is essential that the phone must have a active internet connection. It is not very effective. There must be a feature to backup all the files. Which can make our job more easier.

There is one more app that I will recommend you. It is Prey Anti Theft. This app is bit effective to get your device location if it is lost. You just have to send Go Prey in sms to your phone and you will get the location. It will also ring the phone, take the picture from front camera, you can lock your device, wipe out data, etc. It is a good app.

Test LockWatch. This app works like Prey, but it is more effective. You will get instant location of your device with pictures from the front camera. You can also lock the phone with a pin or with a password. I am using this app. I am using one more called as SkipLock. It lock the home screen. You can add a trusted network on this. Like your home wifi. When you move out the phone is automatically locked. But when you are in it remain unlocked.