Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2

Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2

Hello guys, i have a very short and simple question. I bought a new Galaxy Grand 2 about 2 weeks ago which came pre-installed with Android 4.3. Now as its already been over 4 months for Kitkat to be released, as my title says, i wanted to know when are we getting Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2 ?

I agree it is not the Flagship like S or Note series for Samsung but Grand is also one of the major devices for the brand right? So is there any plan from Samsung for releasing Kitkat to Grand 2? Or should i try out any Custom ROM to experience the Kitkat on my phone?

Any input appreciated.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2

First of all i will suggest you not to go for any Custom ROM on Grand 2 as the phone is just couple of months old and works really good with even Android 4.3 Jellybean Stock firmware. You will just spoil the device by installing any custom kitkat rom.

Secondly, you are just 2 months away of getting Official Android 4.4 Kitkat update from Samsung. Surprising? Yeah, but it is true. An insider has revealed a document that clearly shows the scheduled Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2 as well as Galaxy S3 and Note 2. The date mentioned is April or May, there is no particular date. Have a look:

So, if this document goes true, then we will surely get the Kitkat update on all these 3 devices in next two months.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Sounds really good but did you noticed a mistake in the provided document? They have mentioned "SM-N7100" model for Note 2, which is actually GT-N7100, not SM. So accordingly, to me it sounds fake document. What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Minor View Post
    Sounds really good but did you noticed a mistake in the provided document? They have mentioned "SM-N7100" model for Note 2, which is actually GT-N7100, not SM. So accordingly, to me it sounds fake document. What you think?
    Yes, i know that and hence it is hard to consider this document 100% sure. Also there has been no official announcement from Samsung yet about this updates release dates.

No matter what but of you see the first two Models (Note 3 and S4), the documents says February 2014 and both these devices received Kitkat update as per the schedule. So, as per me, we cannot say fake as well to this document.

The document might be correct but they might have printed Note 2 model wrong by mistakenly. Anyways, its just less than two months. We can wait and see if we are receiving Kitkat for rest of the models shown in the image above.

Here is an important update regarding this topic. There was an official document from Samsung which shows that Galaxy Grand 2 will be receiving the Android 4.4 Kitkat update officially next month, i.e. June 2014. Have a look:

The update is already in testing and should be released anytime in June.

Is it possible to update my Grand 2 to KitKat.. ? Is it announced officially? if yes please tell me how one can download it..

Super Moderator

Nope. Kitkat is not out for Grand 2 yet officially. However the latest reports say that firmware is in Final testing. So probably we can expect official kitkat roll out for grand 2 in next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the update moderator. I'm waiting for it eagerly.

Here is a good news for all Grand 2 users. Samsung today finally rolled out Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Grand 2 officially. It is about 360.MB in size and can be installed either via OTA or via Kies.

Enjoy !!