Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Can we access Google Play Store on Nokia X Android smartphones

Can we access Google Play Store on Nokia X Android smartphones

It was very good to hear that finally Nokia also came in to Android. I am a huge fan of Nokia since they came into touch screen. Started using nokia with 6600 and used upto Nokia N8 or my current Lumia 920. I must say they are best in hardware. Now as Android is the most popular operating system of the world, i was waiting for Nokia to use Android and they have finally launched three Nokia Android Phones.

Now coming to the point, i'm planning to buy any of these Nokia X series phones but only thing i am concerned, as the moment is, will these phone's will be able to use Google Play Store? I am asking this because you might be aware that these are not running pure Android.. instead they have customized and made their own new Android like operating system, right? So, can we access Google Play Store on Nokia X Smartphones?

Re: Can we access Google Play Store on Nokia X Android smartphones

Yes, you are right. Even i doubt about the Google Play access as Nokia has actually put Microsoft services in all these Nokia X devices, removing Google services. For those who dont know, although the phones are running on Android operating system Nokia has put restrictions using their own codes in the OS. Hence, i doubt if we will be able to access Google Play on these phones.

Re: Can we access Google Play Store on Nokia X Android smartphones

There is actually nothing that is impossible in Tech for the geeks. It would be surprising for you to know that the players have already found a way to provided Google Play Access on all Nokia X series Android phones. Infact, not just Play Store but also Google Now works good.How?

They have created a Root after which the device can access the Google store comfortably and normally, just like all other Android devices. Have a look at this: