Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Now Hide last seen, profile picture and status in WhatsApp from anyone you want

Now Hide last seen, profile picture and status in WhatsApp from anyone you want

Most of the time we feel necessity to hide out last seen status on world's most popular mobile messaging client WhatsApp. One of the moderator of this site has already posted some tips earlier about how we can hide the last seen timestamp from out whatsapp friends but that was only for hiding the last seen.

Now WhatsApp has officially added this new privacy feature in the latest version of Whstapp for Android where you can not only hide the last seen timestamp but also your status and profile picture. Yes, that's true. have a look at this:

This is really an awesome addition from the WhatsApp team. I must say thank you

Re: Now Hide last seen, profile picture and status in WhatsApp from anyone you want

Wow, that is really very good thing. Thank you very much for sharing it. By the way, where is this Privacy Setting? I cannot see it anywhere in my phone.

Here is the screenshot of my whatsapp:

whatsapp settings.jpg

Re: Now Hide last seen, profile picture and status in WhatsApp from anyone you want

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith View Post
    Wow, that is really very good thing. Thank you very much for sharing it. By the way, where is this Privacy Setting? I cannot see it anywhere in my phone.
    You will find it under My Account options under settings. Make sure you are running the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
    You will find it under My Account options under settings. Make sure you are running the latest version.
    Hey Badboy, even i am facing the same problem. My version is the latest one, 2.11.152. I also confirmed the same on Google play. This is the latest version available on the store. Then why this Privacy settings is not available on my Phone?

Where did you got the same?

Here is the exact problem. You are correct Jimmy, the latest version available on Google Play is 2.11.152 but the most latest version is 2.11.177 which is only available at the Official WhatsApp website. If you want you can download the latest version from this link. See the screenshots of new version and its privacy settings:

Nice share guys. That's really very cool feature by WhatsApp team. I also heard that they are going to launch Voice Calling feature as well in next 3 to 4 months..just like Viber, Line, etc.

I'm sure WhatsApp as part of Facebook is really going to rock in coming months.