Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 wont allow me to change Lock Screen picture

Windows 8.1 wont allow me to change Lock Screen picture

Hello guys, I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows 8.1. It is very comfortable and easier to use but I am facing some problems with its Lock screen and photo app.

I want to change the photo in the lock screen, however whenever I try this it gives me a message to check whether file is damaged or not. Well, I am not sure which file is it talking exactly about but considering the image as file, Iím sure it is working good.

I have tried it with different pictures and also tried changing the settings as well but to no avail. Any help with this will be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 wont allow me to change Lock Screen picture

Unfortunately you are not alone with this problem buddy. There are many more including me who have reported this problem. It seems like windows 8.1 at the moment have more problems than solutions. i am facing problems in running my games and few problems with lock screen. Hope they fix this soon.

Iím using Windows 8.1 since day one of its release. And trust me, never had any problem so far. It may be because I keep the system up to date by installing all recent patches and updates.

So what I can suggest you as priority is try running Windows Update and installing all updates and then see if you come across the same problem.

I think I can help you out with this as I have been through exact situation. But managed to fix it after a long workaround. Here is what I did, hope it helps you too.

• In the registry, check the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft \Windows\Personalization
    • In my case the entry NoLockScreen didn't exist, so I had to create it, setting it to 0.
    • NoLockScreen DWORD
    • 0 = Enable lock screen
    • 1 = Disable lock screen

Thatís it. It fixed my problem. Hope it helps

This is the most common problem that is troubling most of the windows 8 user so i will give you a stepwise instruction how to change your lock-screen

1. Start by taking your mouse pointer the top-right corner of screen, to access Charms Bar.
    2. Now click on Settings option given in Charms Bar. Then click on "Change PC settings" given at the bottom of right-sidebar.
    3. It'll open the new Metro Control Panel showing the lock screen settings page by default.
    4. Here you can select lock screen background image. One is the default background image and other 5 images are given in lock screen settings page to choose from.