Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nexus 5 is not turning on, is it bricked?

Nexus 5 is not turning on, is it bricked?

I recently bought a Nexus5 mobile and in the initially it was working smoothly but since yesterday I am facing some irregular problem in my phone. Till day before yesterday my phone was working very fine without any problem. But yesterday suddenly my battery drained completely and when i tried to recharge, it shut down after reaching the home screen. I tried doing this with the charger intact but still it would shut down by itself.

Later I thought maybe there is something wrong with the charger so I used different charger but to no avail. I even went to my friend's house to see if it would charge at his place but no it wouldn't work. I have kept my phone for charging for hours but without any outcome. I am really at my wits end now, is it Bricked ??

Someone please give me a helpful solution for this plz.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Nexus 5 is not turning on, is it bricked?

Bricked? Are you serious? Charging never brick any mobile phone unless and until you play with its root or operating system. I guess it would be charger problem. Try charging it on the computer, when you are charging it on your computer just see if its reading or not?? If its not reading properly than you might have not installed the Nexus USB drivers on your PC. Download and install them first and then connect via USB Cable. See if the battery starts charging. Do reply.

I was facing the same problems that u are facing right now, I was facing this because I had changed my phones kernels, to solve this problem I had rebooted my phone as suggested to me by one of my friends and it worked.

Make sure you install kernel again with adb commands. It worked for me so I hope it works for u as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    But yesterday suddenly my battery drained completely and when i tried to recharge, it shut down after reaching the home screen. I tried doing this with the charger intact but still it would shut down by itself.
    I just wanted to ask if u have been using your phone while charging as well, u see I know your phone supports multitasking features, but charging is not involved with this feature.

For E.g if u are playing a game and charging simultaneously then if puts a lot of load on your battery and processor as well, My friend had suffered the same problem although not Nexus5 but his phone also started getting switched off because he would charge his phone and play games.In the end he had to buy a new battery, hope its not too late for you.

There are many people who are facing this same problem, even i was not able to charge with a normal charger but now as i am charging with a wireless charger it charges perfectly.

I think it is because of the voltage or something that many people are facing this problem, so i suggest u try using a wireless charger. If u dont have it then first go try charging your mobile in a store before buying the wireless charger.