Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Custom ROMs for Lava Iris 504Q

Custom ROMs for Lava Iris 504Q

Lava has provided us many decent and affordable smartphones in past couple of years among which Lava Iris 504Q is the best (according to me) in performance with pretty good specifications such as 5-inch HD IPS One Glass Screen display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel rear camera with BSI sensor and LED Flash, 2 Megapixel front-facing camera and connectivity options such as 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, USB OTG, GPS. But unfortunately Lava never released any firmware update for this mobile model.

So, we are forced to be stuck with the same Android 4.2 Jellybean user interface and features. Also, i cannot see any signs of any further OTA update from Lava in near future. So, the only choice we have to try out something new on iris 504Q is using Custom Roms. Although there are not much ROMs available for this phone, i gathered some Best Custom ROMs for your Lava Iris 504Q. If interested, you can flash the ROMs on your phone using the Guides provided in our Guides and Tips section. Here are the list of Custom ROMs for your Iris 504Q:

Galaxy S4 Custom ROM for Iris 504Q:

This is pretty similar to the UI we have seen on Samsung Galaxy S4. The Custom ROM doesn't brings only the UI of Galaxy devices but also some features of S4 to your Lava Iris smartphone such as TouchWiz, Swipe to call, Swipe to message, Voice unlock features, S voice, S4 widgets, S4 Fonts and more. Have a look at this screenshots:

Iris Xperia Rom V3 for Iris 504Q:

As the name suggests, this ROM is based on Xperia's UI. Once installed on your Iris, you get Xperia Walkman, launcher, themes, walkman, small apps, and more. I have used this ROM personally on my Iris 504Q and it works too goo.

IrisCanvas4 Custom ROM for Iris 504Q:

Again, as its name suggests, this ROM is based on Micromax Canvas 4 offering the UI and features of Canvas 4 on your Iris smartphone. I haven't tested this personally but it is having pretty good review. You can try it if you want.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Custom ROMs for Lava Iris 504Q

IrisCanvas Turbo ROM for Iris 504Q:

This is yet another good Custom ROM for iris 504q based on Micromax's Canvas Turbo stock firmware. As you can see in the screenshots, the ROM offers even the features of Turbo in your phone such as Proximity Camera Snap, Floating Phone, Proximity Unlock, built-in BBM, and more.

Iris_Extreme v2 ROM for Iris 504Q:

This ROM is not having much difference than your existing official ROM because it is just having some modifications and improvements done in the official stock rom itself. Have a look:

HTC_UI Custom ROM for Iris 504Q:

As the name suggests, this Custom ROM is based on HTC's user interface. Along with the HTC look and feel, you also get HTC sounds, htc quick settings, htc sense clock, htc dialer and more. Here are few screenshots of iris 504Q running this ROM.

Re: Custom ROMs for Lava Iris 504Q

Note3_Kitkat Rom for Iris 504Q:

This is the best Custom ROM for Iris 504Q i've used so far. Infact, this is the current ROM installed on my 504Q. First of all this is Android 4.4 Kitkat based ROM extracted from Note 3. Hence you get many Note 3 features as well on your Iris 504Q. The features included in this ROM are such as TouchWiz, Kitkat launcher, Samsung Camera, Air Gestures, Smart Pause, Floting Apps, and more.

LavaIris_NatureWiz HD ROM for Iris 504Q:

This is the similar to the above posted Galaxy S4 ROM. With NatureWiz as well you get the same S4 look and feel but offers something extra such as 12 Megapixel rear camera and 5 Megapixel front facing camera, increased battery life, S Memo, Samsung Bootanimation, and lots more.

Iris_Lenovo UI ROM for Iris 504Q:

This is another Custom ROM for your Iris 504Q based on Lenovo Stock ROMs offering you all Lenovo widgets as well as Lenovo launcher. Only problem is this ROM is not Rooted, but you can do it anytime manually in few minutes.