Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat CyanogenMod 11 in Samsung Galaxy Ace

Super Moderator

How to install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat CyanogenMod 11 in Samsung Galaxy Ace

One of our member asked about updating his Samsung Galaxy Ace to higher Android version than its default Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Now although we have Android 4.2 and Android 4.3 Custom ROMs available for this phone, i'm posting the guide about installing Android 4.4.2 Kitkat in Galaxy Ace using a Custom ROM. But before going to the actual installation i would like to make you aware that this is a Custom ROM and is not official. Although we have tested it successfully on our Galaxy Ace S5830, Me or this Site is not responsible for anything goes wrong with your phone. Hence you should do this on your Risk, and as a suggestion follow these procedure carefully and properly.

Pre-Requirements:

• Backup all your important data from the phone memory because everything will be deleted during this process.
    • Charge up the phone's battery upto 60%. It should not get drained during installation because if it does, your phone may be bricked
    • Download Galaxy Ace USB Drivers and install it on your computer.
    • Enable USB Debugging mode on the device by going to phone's settings > Developer Option.
    • Download CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM Package and Copy it to your phone's SD Card
    • Download Gapps and Copy it to the same place where you copied the ROM

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Super Moderator

Re: How to install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat CyanogenMod 11 in Samsung Galaxy Ace

Installation Process:

• As i said above, Connect Galaxy Ace to the computer then copy the CyanogenMod 11 ROM Package and Google Apps package to the SD card of your smartphone.
    • Disconnect the phone and reboot it into “Recovery Mode” by press and holding Home + Power key together for about 10 to 15 seconds.
    • Once you are in Recovery Mode, for safer side, take a backup of your current ROM using CWM (ClockworkMod) recovery.
    • Now a full wipe on the device is required. Select "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition."
    • Once done, select "install zip from SD card" then "choose zip from SD card." Browse and select the ROM Package.
    • Let the ROM install, it may take few minutes.
    • Once done, repeat the process, browse and select GApps
    • Once the installation is complete, go back to the main recovery screena and select the very first option "reboot system now."

You are done. Your Galaxy Ace may take bit longer time to boot as this is the first boot with the new ROM. Dont panic, and let it take its times. Once done, do the require configuration and enjoy the new Kitkat on your galaxy Ace.