Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to download apps from store in Windows 8.1, Error 0x80240437

Unable to download apps from store in Windows 8.1, Error 0x80240437

I'm looking for some urgent help from you all. I'm using Windows 8.1 from couple of months now and already installed several games and apps from Windows Store. Its been a week i last used the store. Today when i opened the same to download a new app, it wont allow me to do. Instead says:

"Unable to download, error 0x80240437 "

I tried couple of times but the same error appeared. Then i tried to update my older applications, and surpringly got the same messages. Which in short means, my Windows 8.1 store is not allowing me to install or update any applications, anymore.

I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to download apps from store in Windows 8.1, Error 0x80240437

No matter if it is Windows 8 computers or Windows Phone 8 running smartphones, Time Zone and Date plays very important role. If any how any of these gets change, you will face many such problems. I have experienced this on my Lumia phone as well as on my Samsung Laptop which is running on Win 8. So, what i want to tell you is you just need to check and fix the time zone and date in your system. You will find it in control panel itself. After fixing it, restart the system and the problem should go away.

Note, i'm not saying this is the only cause of your mentioned problem but it is a major cause that creates such problems. There might be some another issue as well with your computer. You need to try out everything.

If, i'm not wrong, you are talking about this error, right?

If yes, then let me tell you that there are two major reasons that results in Error Code 0x80240437. First is problems with Windows Updates and second is the problem with Windows Store itself. So what you need to do is download and Run the Microsoft's official App Diagnostic Tool attached below. It should fix the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am not sure if it could be Windows updates as well, but in my case the problem was with Windows Store (as you said above). To fix the same, i simply ran the build-in Troubleshooter in my system and guess what, error gone away. No more problem with Apps installation or updation since then.

Yes, you can follow the same steps on Windows 8.1 also ONLY if you are getting the exact problem with Store and the same error code.

For safer side always create a Restore point before carrying out any of such tasks. So that if anything goes wrong, you will be able to atleast restore your system back to the state it was.