Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Telegram App for Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8

Telegram App for Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8

As you guys might be aware that a new messaging app Telegram is booming around on smartphones now a days, i want to download it for my Nokia Lumia 920. But seems like it is nowhere available for windows phone. As i found few telegram downloads on this site but all are either for Symbian or Asha series of nokia phones, but not for Lumia. Also the official site of Telegram offers download links only for Android and iOS (appreciate your work for providing it for symbian, Asha and for desktop). But even you guys didn't uploaded any file for Windows phone.

Is it like Windows Phones are not capable enough to run Telegram? Why is it not made for these phones?

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Telegram App for Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8

Quote Originally Posted by W8 View Post
    Is it like Windows Phones are not capable enough to run Telegram? Why is it not made for these phones?
    I'm using Lumia 520 and guess what, i'm using Telegram on my phone. Surprised?

Although Telegram is not available officially for WP, but there are 2 unofficial telegram apps available on Windows Phone store which are approved by the original telegram developers itself. You can see their screenshots: If you want you can download these applications right away from this site's download center.

Migram BETA:

Ngram:

Few of my friends are using it on their lumia 520 and 720, it works good and after installation, there is nothing that says it is not official.

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    If you want you can download these applications right away from this site's download center.
    Thank you very much desidude. You are awesome. This is exactly what i was looking for. Even though the app's name is different but after installing it becomes Telegram itself. Appreciate your help.

Now there is also a Beta version of Telegram for Windows Phone 8 available on Windows store. If anyone wants to test out the official beta version, can download it from here.