Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to change input language in Lumia 620

How to change input language in Lumia 620

One of my friend has brought me a new Lumia 620 from an Arabic country. I am from India hence i have no idea of this language and the entire phone is in Arabic. As my title states, i want to change the language on this phone so that i can atleast start using it. But as this is my first ever Windows Mobile, i've no idea about any of its settings and troubleshooting. So, looking help from you all guys.

I request you to please let me know step by step process of changing reading and writing language on my phone. It would be much better if you can also let me know how can we add new languages in Lumia 620. Help appreciated.

Re: How to change input language in Lumia 620

It is quite easy in Nokia Lumia devices. For changing the input and reading languages you just need to go to Phone's settings, tap and select your preferred language. Here you can select multiple languages which can be easily selected from the keyboard directly while typing.

As far as adding a new language is concerned, click Settings, tap keyboard and tap on Add keyboards. Check mark the language(s) you want to install and tap on Add. make sure your phone is connected to 2G, 3G or Wifi because it will start downloading the selected language Pack from Nokia server. Once downloaded, phone will start itself and install the languages.

That's it, you are done.

Hello Freind. I have a similar problem. I followed the steps provided above to add new keyboard in my Lumia 920. I can select the languages to add but when i tap on add, it says downloading but never downloads

Fist i thought it could be internet connection problem but i checked the same by browsing some pages on the phone, it works good. Internet is fine. Than what could be the problem? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambheer View Post
    I followed the steps provided above to add new keyboard in my Lumia 920. I can select the languages to add but when i tap on add, it says downloading but never downloads
    This may occur if there is any problem with your Microsoft account or region settings. First of all make sure that your Date and Time is set correctly according to your region. If it was wrong, correct it and then try adding the keyboard again. If still you face the same problem, then try this. Turn off your Lumia. Once it is completely turned off Press and hold the volume down and power button for 15 to 20 seconds or until it vibrates. Leave the buttons now and let it boot. Now try to add the keyboard, it should work fine.

I have been through this problem earlier. In my case after trying lot of workaround finally I reset my phone and thereafter I was able to download the keyboards.

However I didn’t gave a try to “Press and hold the volume down and power button” stuff. Hence before resetting the device you should definitely give a try to that method because resetting will delete everything from your phone.