Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android 4.4 Kitkat Custom ROM for Lava Iris 504Q

Android 4.4 Kitkat Custom ROM for Lava Iris 504Q

I just checked the guide section of this forum and found many articles explaining how to update Android Kitkat on so many devices using Custom ROMs. The list includes some entry level phones as well. I was wondering what is wrong with Lava Iris 504Q which is a mid ranged device priced pretty good at 14K? Why there is no Kitkat?

Neither Lava is releasing any official update, nor there is any Custom ROM that can offer Android 4.4 on this Phone. I mean, it is the second best device from Lava and a strong competitor for many other devices in the market. Can anyone please tell me why Iris 504Q cannot get Kitkat? And if there is any kitkat Custom ROM available, please provide me the link. I'm now really fed of the same Android 4.2 jellybean UI.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Android 4.4 Kitkat Custom ROM for Lava Iris 504Q

Unfortunately, there is no hope of getting Kitkat 4.4 update for Iris 504Q. No sign from Lava neither from any third party ROM developers. I too keep looking / searching for the same every week since past couple of months, but no success. So, i will suggest you too to leave the hope of getting Kitkat on this model.

If you are bored up with the default 4.2 Jellybean UI on the phone and looking for a change, there are couple of good ROMs available for 504Q to which you can give a try. One is based on Canvas 4 ROM and second is of Galaxy S4. If you want you can try out installing them:

I have already tried these ROMs (thanks for posting the tutorials). There is nothing new in those ROMs except Samsung like theming. I want a particular Kitkat based ROM that offers kitkat features.

Please mail me when it is available. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by krish View Post
    I have already tried these ROMs (thanks for posting the tutorials). There is nothing new in those ROMs except Samsung like theming. I want a particular Kitkat based ROM that offers kitkat features.
    I think you got the one you were looking for. Here is the Android 4.4 Kitkat running custom rom for you 504Q. This is Note 3 based ROM offering you Note 3 like look and feel. Seems very nice.

Also if you want you can check out many more Custom ROMs provided here for your Iris 504Q.