Thread: Unable to install Internet Explorer 10 - Error 9C59

Unable to install Internet Explorer 10 - Error 9C59

I found few more users with this error code while installing Internet Explorer 10 on their windows 7 systems, just like me, but none of the provided solutions worked for me. Hope somebody here can help me out with the same. I am the only administrator of this desktop, infact it has just one account, that is Administrator. but when i try installing IE 10, every time it ends up with the Error code mentioned in the title, 9C59. I dont know what does it meant and how to fix it. So, i request you guys here to please help me out getting rid of this error and install IE 10 on my computer.

Thanks for your helps in advance.

Re: Unable to install Internet Explorer 10 - Error 9C59

Error 9C59 has become very common in past few couple of months. Many users reported this error code since IE 9 came in the market. But let me clear this that 9C59 error is not related to the browser, instead it occurs when you have some problem with your Windows Update components. So, what you need to do is troubleshoot and fix windows updates.

You do this by downloading System Update Readiness Tool, it will help you fix all Windows Update errors. Most probably the error should be gone after running this troubleshooter. In case not, then perform Clean boot and Run this Internet Explorer 10 Standalone installer.

Thanks for the help NYPD, it seems like there is some problem with my windows updates itself. I’m trying to run updates but it ends up every time with an error. Which means my windows update is having some problem due to which I am not able to install the IE 10. Is there any manual way to install those prerequisite for IE?

Quote Originally Posted by pcrock View Post
    Thanks for the help NYPD, it seems like there is some problem with my windows updates itself. I’m trying to run updates but it ends up every time with an error. Which means my windows update is having some problem due to which I am not able to install the IE 10. Is there any manual way to install those prerequisite for IE?
    Yep you can download and install the prerequisite updates manually as well from this Microsoft KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2818833