Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to downgrade from IE 11 to IE 10 in Windows 7

How to downgrade from IE 11 to IE 10 in Windows 7

I am here exactly whats mentioned in the title above. I installed Internet Explorer 11 recently on my Windows 7 PC but dint found it much effective. To be frank, it is giving me few problems instead, for example, there are few websites which are not loading properly in this new version but they use to work great in IE 10.

So, i want to go back to IE 10 but when i go to Control Panels, there is no way to do this thing. later i realize that this is built-in microsoft browser, hence it will not appear in CP. Somebody here please tell me how can i revert back to Internet Explorer 10?

Many thanks.

Re: How to downgrade from IE 11 to IE 10 in Windows 7

As Internet Explorer is built-in Windows component, you are not going to find it under Control Panel Add and Remove programs. What you need to get rid of IE 11 is go to Control Panel and click Programs and then click Programs and features. Here on the left pane click on "View installed updates". Here search for Internet Explorer 11.

Now search for Internet Explorer 11 in the right pane, right click the same and click "Uninstall". That's it. IE 11 is not gone from your computer. Restart the computer. See if your system is running with IE 10. Is not, repeat the procedure and uninstall updates for IE 10 also and restart. Now download IE 10 installer and install it like other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Paman View Post
    To be frank, it is giving me few problems instead, for example, there are few websites which are not loading properly in this new version but they use to work great in IE 10.
    Just because of few websites if you want to uninstall IE 11 or want to roll back to older version, let me tell you that with the new Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft has provided an interesting feature where you can make your IE 11 to work and behave like earlier versions. Didn’t understood? Follow these steps:

• Launch desktop version of Internet Explorer 11 and hit F12 with browser opened
    • Now click Browser Mode IE11 from the developer tools.
    • This will bring up the list of browsers saying IE7, IE8, and so on upto IE10
    • Simply select the one where you website were working well earlier and you are done.

Thank you very much for the help Maq.h. That was really very helpful. I wasn’t aware of the same. I changed it to IE 10 and now the sites are working great.

Help appreciated.