Thread: ISO Mounting in Windows 8.1

ISO Mounting in Windows 8.1

Hi Techies, i have a small question and expecting urgent reply. I just upgraded my windows 7 running laptop to Windows 8.1. The OS seems good and am still learning the same. However, i urgently need to know how can we mount the ISO in this operating system? Is there any built-in app provided by microsoft or do we still need to use third party softwares like Nero ?

Re: ISO Mounting in Windows 8.1

First of all i have some confusion from your post. I hope you know there is difference between Mounting ISO and Burning ISO. As you have mentioned NERO in your post, i think you want to burn an iso file but your title talks about mounting iso.

Can you confirm what exactly do you want to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid User View Post
    First of all i have some confusion from your post. I hope you know there is difference between Mounting ISO and Burning ISO. As you have mentioned NERO in your post, i think you want to burn an iso file but your title talks about mounting iso.
    Oopps, i'm sorry for creating complex. Actually, i want to do both and if i'm not wrong we can do both using Nero, right?

Anyways, mounting is the main concerned for me as of now. Can you please tell me if there is any such built-in feature in Windows 8.1?

Thanks again.

Yep, Windows8 or 8.1 has ISO Mounting as built-in feature. You dont need to install any third party program for the same. If you have an ISO image on your hard driver or any flash drive connected to your windows 8.1 computer, simply right click it > click Open With > and select Windows Explorer.

In Windows Explorer you will see something like this:

I guess that is what you were looking for, right?

Windows 8 has both the options built-in. You don’t actually require to install any other applications neither for mounting nor for burning. Here is how you do the same:

Mounting ISO in Windows 8:
    • Select the .ISO file
    • Right-mouse click on the file, then Left-click the “Mount” option
    • The extracted image appear. Double left-click on “set-up.exe” to start the installation.

Burning IOS in Windows 8:
    • First of all insert a Blank DVD or CD in your drive
    • Open Windows Explorer and double click your CD/DVD drive.
    • It will launch the burner, configure the settings according to your preference and Click Burn.