Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to play PC movies over WiFi on Android

How to play PC movies over WiFi on Android

Hi, i have found many useful guides and tips here about Android, hence just signed up here with a new question and hope to get the best answer.

I bought a new Moto X last week. The phone is very good and running on latest Kitkat OS. But i didn't found any thing built-in that allows us to play our PC content on the phone. I have seen few people streaming videos which are saved on their WiFi Portable HDDs directly on their phone. I want to do the same from my PC to the phone over WiFi but not able to find out how to do.

So, can anyone here please let me know if it is possible? I guess it is possible. Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to play PC movies over WiFi on Android

Hello Tricker, first of all welcome to TechDiscussion forums.

You should know that no mobile platforms including Android, iOS, windows phone or Symbian has this feature built-in. You need to do it using third party applications. Now, if you want to stream Videos from your PC on your Moto X, you can use an application called ES File Explorer File Manager. It is a free application available to Download on Google Play. I'm using this since a year and found it very useful.

Along with streaming videos, you can watch photos, play music, or view office documents saved on your desktop. You just need to share those folder on your computer and explore it using this ES Explorer. There are many more features such as Built-in file explorer, Zip, web browser and more. UI is quite simple and easy to use (stream). Have look at this few screenshots describing the same:

In the second image you can see the file Path..it is from the lan itself.

I prefer to use "WiFi Oh Player". It can be downloaded from play store as well. The interface is quite easy..you just need to be connected on the same wifi from where you want to stream the content. You can check the screenshot and complete features list at Google Play Link

Thank you very much for the helps guys. I tried both of them but WiFi Oh Player is crashing on my phone. Once it opened but wasn't able to connect my computer. Anyways, ES Explorer seems much better and easy, however, i faced difficulty in the beginning connecting to my WiFi because of IP address configuration and all but now it works good. Although sometimes when i play some particular movie from my PC folder, it wont play Audio. But playing the same movie on computer plays audio fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TricKer View Post
    Although sometimes when i play some particular movie from my PC folder, it wont play Audio. But playing the same movie on computer plays audio fine.
    ES Explorer is indeed the best for doing multiple tasks in one app. But if want you can also give a try to AirStream. It is also a good software for streaming your multimedia files from computer to your phone. As its name suggests "AirStream: Stream PC over Air", you will find it useful. It is also available on Play Store for free. Do a search.